1. Life Onboard
Cruising offers something for everyone!
Cruising is the most flexible way to holiday because it offers activities based on your interests, age, hobbies and passions. Activities do vary depending on cruise line, ship and destination.
Romance for couples
Fan the flames of passion while falling in love all over again. Whether a couple is travelling to Europe, the Bahamas or Hawaii, a cruise can be one of the most passionate experiences of a lifetime. A cruise combines the romanticism and pleasures of:
- Fine restaurants
- Engaging ports of call
- Lavish pampering, like his and hers massages
- Relaxing hot tubs and sun decks
- Starlit twilights
- Intimate piano bars and lounges
- Awe-inspiring sunsets
You can even get married!
That's right, tie the knot and say, "I do" aboard an elegant, luxurious cruise ship.
- Purchase honeymoon, wedding and anniversary packages
- Let cruise coordinators make your weddings hassle-free
- Get married on board or at an exclusive port of call
- Plan small ceremonies or bigger galas
- Show up in tuxedos and dresses or with bare feet
- Be showered with a cake, flowers, champagne and chocolates
2. Activities for Singles
Dine, drink and dance with other singles!
Cruising is a social experience, and it's nearly impossible not to meet new friends. If you're single, consider booking a singles cruise, which is a cruise specially designed for singles who want to mingle.
Single women can enjoy the companionship of gentlemen hosts, who dance, socialize and keep women company throughout the cruise. Choose to relax or pursue adventure when you want. Enjoy the comfort and entertainment of people like you, who are interested in socializing and touring the world. Then disembark with new friendships and lasting memories.
- Get-acquainted parties
- Discos and clubs
- Dining rooms
- Deck parties
- Spas and health clubs
- Pools and Jacuzzis
- Libraries and card rooms
- Cocktail parties
- Sports events
- Dating games
Expand your knowledge about other countries and cultures on your next cruise!
It's no secret that a lot of people enjoy cruising because of the sun and surf. People who want more than a t-shirt and a tan, however, can now stimulate their minds. To enhance the cultural experience, cruisers can shop in village markets, learn about native customs, dine on multicultural cuisine, tour museums and attend festive performances. Today's enrichment cruises offer:
- Destination-intensive itineraries that include visits to eccentric locales
- Natural history and eco-cruise itineraries that feature wildlife expeditions, rain forest hikes and mountain treks
- World-class lecturers who specialize in a region's geography, history, culture and wildlife
- Seminars, demonstrations and round-table discussions given by guest speakers
- Pre- and post-cruise tour packages that allow cruisers to immerse themselves in a foreign culture
- Special performances by native artists
- Exclusive shore excursions that feature tours of prominent museums and trips to historic sites
Off-the-beaten-path destinations include visits to the:
- Volcanic islands of the Galapagos
- Rugged mountains and glaciers of Greenland
- Ice-sculptured tundra of Antarctica
- Chilean fjords of Patagonia
- Beaches of Rio de Janeiro
- Fishing villages, hamlets and fjords of Norway
- Gain knowledge of different cultures and histories and carry them with you forever
4. Activities for Seniors
Sail through your silver years in a more serene cruising environment.
Senior travellers who don't want to be stuck with rowdy college kids or screaming children can take solace in the fact that several cruise lines take great satisfaction in offering a quiet, hassle-free atmosphere. Cruise lines catering to older cruisers give them the opportunity to appreciate a slower-paced cruise that places an emphasis on hospitality and leisure. These cruise lines include Cunard Line, Holland America Line and Swan Hellenic Cruises. Swan Hellenic even offers child free cruises. Activities aboard these ships include:
- Dancing at socials
- Embarking on shore excursions
- Playing cards
- Attending cocktail parties
- Interacting with hosts
- Taking fitness classes
- Reading books
- Relaxing in spas
- Listening to lectures and presentations
Seniors with medical needs will appreciate the accessibility of the ship and the standard medical facilities that cater to their needs. Dining rooms even accommodate low-calorie, low-salt and low-cholesterol diets.
Pick a customized theme cruise that floats your boat!
Cruisers who want more than just a suntan now have greater opportunities to take exotic cruises and enjoy the activities and interests they love. These special voyages let passengers explore art, music, food, nature, sports, technology, personal finance, health, comedy, literature, cinema and more! Samples of cruise lines and their tailored cruises include:
Carnival: Hop onboard Carnival Inspiration for the Elvis cruise, held in November each year. Enjoy the best Elvis tribute artists in the world, in-room Elvis movies, meet & greet sessions, an Elvis fashion show, Elvis Monopoly and trivia tournaments and many other Elvis-themed activities.
Radisson Seven Seas Cruises: Discover the 'Art of French Cooking' by attending workshops and demonstrations given by Le Cordon Bleu chefs.
Orient Lines: Attend lectures and workshops given by experts from the "Antiques Roadshow" in preparation for onshore shopping excursions in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok and Bombay.
Seabourn Cruise Line: Partake in a celebration of heralded books and memorable music during the innovative 'Writers of the World: Lyrics and Literature' cruise.
Silversea Cruises: Take a Silver Links Golf Program cruise and perfect your swing at more than 30 golf courses throughout Australia, New Zealand, the Mediterranean, the British Isles and North America.
Costa Cruises: Rub elbows with some of baseball's favorite players, Hall of Famers and sportscasters. You can also attend clinics and get autographs given by baseball greats.
Crystal Cruises: Capture breathtaking landscape and wildlife images during adventurous photographic safaris in Africa.
6. Accommodations for Special Events
Conduct business as (un)usual at sea!
More and more business meetings and conferences are now being conducted on cruise ships. Business executives host corporate meetings at sea because:
- Cruise ship accommodations are often less expensive than high-end resort stays
- Employees' families are provided with a plenitude of activities
- Business amenities such as rooms, AV equipment, fax machines, flip charts, easels, microphones and computers are readily available
- Some cruise lines even provide secretaries, language translators and meeting coordinators
- Cruises promote physical and mental wellness
- Hosting meetings on American flagships may be tax deductible
Employees can get down to business during the day while their families relax amidst the cruise ship's amenities. Other popular group cruises include class and family reunions, which give people the opportunities to catch up with each other while taking a dream vacation. Cruise lines can also accommodate birthdays, bachelor/bachelorette parties and other celebrations. You can even get married with the help of cruise wedding planners!
7. Family Fun
Round up the troops and start packing for a cruise!
A cruise is the ideal family-based vacation because it provides customized entertainment for both the parents and their kids. Children of all ages can participate in planned, supervised activities; giving parents the freedom to have their own fun. Most cruises even provide babysitters. Samples of activities on cruises for kids ages 3-12 include:
- Watching magic shows and theater productions
- Drinking Shirley Temples at "mocktail" parties
- Taking a behind-the-scenes look at the ship
- Participating in pool Olympics
- Partaking in a simulated archaeological dig
- Learning how to make pizza
Examples of teenagers' activities include:
- Singing karaoke and dancing at teen clubs
- Relaxing in teen hot tubs
- Taking Tae-Bo classes
- Surfing the Internet and emailing
- Playing video games
- Producing, directing and performing plays
Meanwhile, adults can kick back and relax, have an intimate dinner at a fine restaurant, or seek their own adventures. Later, families can get together and share all their experiences!
8. Around the clock Entertainment
Pursue non-stop adventure and entertainment throughout the day and into the night.
Hit the ground running and don't miss out on a single event! Those who are worried they might become bored on a cruise will be quite surprised to discover that they don't have enough time to do all they want. From the moment you set foot aboard the ship upon embarkation, you'll be presented with an endless array of activities, such as:
- Bon voyage celebrations
- Games and contests
- Lectures and presentations
- Poolside socials
- Formal dinners
- Cocktail parties
- Vegas-style shows and productions
- Fitness and wellness classes
- Seminars at sea
- Sports like basketball and tennis
Stop and take a deep breath because the excitement continues during your exhilarating shore excursions. The action stops only when you do!
Get on your feet and explore the world over!
If you're looking for a fast-paced vacation with invigorating adventure and thrills, a cruise is for you! Cruising awakens the adventurous spirit. Today's cruises are giving people unique chances to:
- Take a Jeep safari tour through the vast savannahs of Cozumel
- Chase butterflies amidst the lush tropical foliage of Martinique
- Navigate Corsica's mountainous terrain
- Prowl the lush islands of Polynesia
- Scale the Rock of Gibraltar, the world's most famous stone
- Swim face-to-face with stingrays on a snorkeling excursion in Georgetown
- View the molten lava flows of Kilauea, Hawaii
And if you're cruising in balmy weather, you can engage in activities like:
- Scuba diving
- Sea-floor hiking
- Cliff diving
- Water skiing
There are also a wide variety of onboard adventure activities. On Princess cruises, you can get your scuba diving certification, and on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas, you can go rock climbing! After a day full of exploration and adventure, kick off your shoes and relax. But take a deep breath, because the excitement continues the very next day!
If you crave sport and fitness, there's no better place to be than aboard a cruise ship!
The world's biggest playgrounds await you when you cruise. Depending upon your vessel, these facilities may be available:
- Virtual driving ranges
- Miniature golf courses
- Basketball courts
- Running tracks
- Water volleyball nets
- Bowling alley
And once you get onshore, the action heats up! If you're cruising to balmy destinations, a variety of water sports, such as scuba diving and parasailing, beckon you. If you're looking to get fit or stay in shape, many cruise ships have fitness centers complete with:
- Resistance machines
- Free weights
- Fitness rooms
- Aerobic equipment
Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas even has a rock climbing wall, a skating rink and an inline skating path. If you're a sport-minded person, cruising is for you!
Kick off your shoes and relax your feet.
Cruising offers the hustle and bustle of ports of call and relentless activities, but is also offers needed rest and relaxation. During a cruise, passengers may:
- Take a dip in a pool or a hot tub
- Sit poolside and socialize
- Stretch out and read a good book
- Play cards with friends
- Mingle at restaurants, clubs and bars
- Email and surf the Internet
- Get massages and other therapy treatments
- Lay out on sundecks
- Take twilight walks under the stars
- Witness surreal sunsets
- Listen to lectures and presentations
- Watch Vegas-style shows and productions
- Visit the casinos
Or, if you really need a break, withdraw to your room, order some popcorn from room service and watch a movie. It's your cruise. So spoil yourself with indulgent, relaxing pleasures. You deserve it!
Sit in the lap of luxury while you cruise the world!
If you desire the very best in accommodations, dining and entertainment, book a cruise! Today's cruises offer passengers the finest collection of exclusive amenities that can't be found in typical resort vacations. Onboard amenities on cruises may include:
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities
- European-style spas
- Internet cafes
- Five star dining and celebrity chefs
- Well-stocked libraries
- Pools, saunas and hot tubs
- Vegas-style shows
- Seminars at sea
- Massage therapies and beauty salons
- Piano bars, clubs and lounges
- Virtual golf
In-cabin accommodations for staterooms and suites may include:
- Data ports
- Satellite phones
- Individual climate control
- Private balconies
- Concierge service
- Private verandahs
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
Select whole-world itineraries to exotic destinations like Egypt, India and Fiji. Cruise on posh ultra-modern liners or on lavish intimate boats. You pick the itinerary, ship and room that suit your vision of luxury.