Challenge. Desolation. Unlimited wonder. It’s not difficult to grasp what attracted the great explorers to Antarctica. Get a personal appreciation for the struggle to tame the bottom of the world on this 22-day adventure to the land than entranced Shackleton and countless others since.
Down here, you’ll explore the Falkland Islands, encounter abandoned whaling stations on South Georgia Island and pay your respects at Shackleton’s grave. Elsewhere, you’ll catch up with penguins (king, chinstrap and gentoo varieties) and learn all about them through daily lectures, get close to whales and cavorting seals from a Zodiac boat and keep an eye peeled for towering icebergs and massive glaciers. Prepare to be astonished.
- Witness massive icebergs and snow as far as the eye can see
- Gape at mind-bogglingly beautiful sunsets
- Watch king penguins as they prepare to nest
- Catch a glimpse of penguin courting and mating rituals on the peninsula
- Take part in engaging onboard lectures led by expert naturalists
Book the 17 October 2013 departure of Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctic Islands by 28 February 2013 and save 25%